Master of Arts (M. A.) in Islamic Studies
The MAIS (Master of Arts in Islamic Studies) offers the students an opportunity to concentrate on the Qur’an, Hadeeth and other Islamic Texts and provides a worthwhile training in the translation of Islamic religious material. The degree is designed to benefit academicians, Islamic instructors in other institutions, translators of Islamic material into English in research centers, government departments and da’wah centers. It provides excellent research training and a profitable qualification for those who wish to progress to higher post graduate degrees.
- To enable students to correctly understand the fundamental principles of underlying Islamic Teachings.
- To prepare the students on doctrines and Jurisprudence of Islam.
- To enable students to serve as faithful representatives of a practiced Islam.
The MAIS learners will be able to understand
- The Islamic religious tradition within historical, social and cultural contexts;
- Visual, performative and oral expressions of the heritage of Islam, including language, literature, art, and architecture;
- Intra-Islamic differences and issues of inter-cultural diversity and integration within the Islamic world;
- The political systems of Muslim majority countries.
Course Specific Outcomes
- The students will acquire necessary skills in reading and using both classical and modern Arabic. Without these skills they cannot expect to access the vast treasury of Islamic thought and culture, still less to benefit by interrogating it critically.
- Arabic remains the common language among Islamic scholars from different parts of the world and is therefore essential for the exchange of perspectives and experiences. We enable the students to read the Qur’aan and Qur’aanic commentary, so that they understand how its teaching educates conscience and behaviour.
- They will be able to explain others, s well as understand for themselves, how the guidance of the Qur’aan relates to contemporary issues and circumstances.
The Master of Islamic Studies has been designed for those who seek to gain insights into the advanced topics of the Islamic Law & its Implementation as understood by the early generations of righteous scholars in a research oriented & an academic format. The students represent a diverse group coming from all over Tamil Nadu.
Duration of the Programme and Support System:
It is Post-graduate programme of 2 Year duration.
|Sciences of Hadith
||Islamic Civilization & Contemporary Muslim World
||Research Methodolgy in Islamic and Arabic Studies
||Legal Maxims and Objectives of Islamic Legislation
|Principles of Islamic Morals and Methodology of propagating
||Comparative Study of Religions and Muslim Sects
|Islamic Banking & Finance
- Adherence to the Qur’aan and Sunnah
- 2 year Non-Semester Program
- Course Accredited to Tamil Nadu Open University & Recognised by UGC
- Career Oriented Program
- Course material similar to MAIS Programs of Madeenah University, Al Azhar University, Cairo and Omm Dhurmann University, Sudan
- Proficient faculty members from Islamic University of Madinah & other renowned universities
- Interactive online classes with eminent scholars from across the globe